- There are plenty of excellent fishing points on the Raghley peninsula, where you can catch mackerel, pollock, bollin, and more.
- Crab fishing with a bit of string and food from the pier provides fun for everyone. Bring a bucket, put some salt water in it, and when you catch the crab, look at them crawling around in the bucket.
- Sligo Boat Charters offer great fishing trips for all ages. Depart from Rosses Point and have the experience life at sea. You are guaranteed spectacular views and off course fish!
- Magical walks nearby include; The Raghly Loop Walk, Lissadell Woods, Glencar Lake and Waterfall, Streedagh Point and Beach, and Glennif Horseshoe at the foot of Ben Bulben.
- Visit Sligo Walks for more information
Kayak / Canoe
Sligo Kayak Tours offers guests the ability to get closer to nature and see some of Sligo’s beautiful landmarks from the comfort of your own Kayak.
Kayak from Lough Gill or Glencar Lake (25 minutes drive away).
On the 26th of December every year, an annual fundraiser takes place right on our door step. Brave swimmers may take a plunge into the cold Atlantic water all for a good cause. Follow St. Stephens day swim Raghly for updates.
That moment the sun creeps past the horizon can be a magical time for many people. The sunrise over Benbulben, or the sun set across the Atlantic ocean can be enjoyed right on your doorstep. Walk down your private path and capture that amazing moment or take a walk around Raghly Loop Walk at sunset where reality becomes a fantasy.
You are spoiled for choice when it comes to beaches in Sligo! Head to any one of the nearby beaches and enter the underwater world full of marine life. Who knows what you will see..
Island View Horse Riding Stables offers beach ridding, trekking, lessons and carriage riding. This is a highly recommended activity which will be a memorable experience for you and your family/ guests. This is located 15 minutes from Sligo Sea Barn just outside Grange Village.
Did you know we offer bike rental for our guests.! Bikes will be made available to you upon request. Please give us at least 24 hours notice to book.
Paddle boarding in Sligo is becoming increasingly popular so why not book a session with SUP Sligo. Paddleboard from any of the following nearby locations; Raghly, Streedagh, Lissadell, Mullaghmore, Glencar Lake, Lough Gill and Rossess Point.
Knocknarea mountain is located in Strandhill. A beautiful board walk will lead you to the top of this historic landmark where you can enjoy spectacular views of the surrounding land, sea and mountains. Queen Maeve’s Trail is highly recommended by previous guests.
Inishmurray Island is rich in history and located just off the Raghly Coast. Boat charters from Strand hill and Mullaghmore offer people the opportunity to experience such a beautiful island. Uncertain if this experience is available to the public at present due to complications.
- If you have brought your surfing gear, go to Lislarry (about 6km). This is an epic place for catching superb waves.
- Or spend a day in Bundoran at one of the surf schools: Turfnsurf , Bundoran Surf Coop.
- Alternatively, head to Sligo Surf Experience in Strandhill. (both 30 minutes away)
- Adventure Sligo has an extended list of surf-related activities close by.
Sligo Sea Barn offers farm experiences such as feeding cows, going for a spin on the tractor, and learning about farm traditions and practices. Please book this with us in advance for the best possible farm experience.
Road tripping around the North West of Ireland will leave you in awe with spectacular mountain ranges, cliff edges, beaches and simply the surrounding countryside. Keep your eyes on the road as you most likely will come across sheep and cows on some regional roads.
A road trip to Donegal is highly recommended. From spectacular beaches to the fabulous Slieve League mountain range, you will truly admire Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way.